So, the title is really straightforward, I want to see how many books did I manage to read from My most anticipated 2021 releases post. I included twenty-one titles, and I don’t think I’m going to read more from them in December, as I have quite a set tbr for the rest of this year. I categorised them into three groups: ones I have read, ones I haven’t but want to in the future, and ones that are not on my tbr anymore. Let’s go then, shall we?
Books I’ve read
- Concrete Rose by Angie Thomas ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 1/2
- Honey Girl by Morgan Rogers ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Can’t Take That Away by Steven Salvatore ⭐⭐⭐ 1/2
- Lost in the Never Woods by Aiden Thomas ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Between Perfect and Real by Ray Stoeve ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Meet Cute Diary by Emery Lee ⭐⭐⭐
- One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 1/2
- Heartstopper: Volume Four by Alice Oseman ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Hani and Ishu’s Guide to Fake Dating by Adiba Jaigirdar ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Jay’s Gay Agenda by Jason June ⭐⭐⭐ 1/2
- The Ghosts We Keep by Mason Deaver ⭐⭐⭐ 1/2
- The Tea Dragon Tapestry by Kay O’Neill ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Box in the Woods by Maureen Johnson ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 1/2
I read fourteen books, which is quite impressive! I’m also glad because as you can see from the ratings, I enjoyed most of them. Out of these, my favourites are Lost in the Never Woods, Heartstopper: Volume Four and The Tea Dragon Tapestry.
Books I still want to read
- Across the Green Grass Fields by Seanan McGuire
- Perfect on Paper by Sophie Gonzales
- Thanks a Lot, Universe by Chad Lucas
- Rise to the Sun by Leah Jonhson
- Under the Whispering Door by TJ Klune
I’m genuinely interested in all of them but haven’t had the chance to read them. I’m behind on the Wayward Children series, so that’s not going to happen for a while. I bought Perfect on Paper in a Kindle sale, I’m aiming for January. It would be great if I could read the rest of them in the first few months of 2022.
Books that are no longer on my tbr
- Tales from the Hinterland by Melissa Albert
- Cool for the Summer by Dahlia Adler
I kind of lost interest in both of these books, but that’s okay. There are numerous titles on my tbr, so I don’t want to read something that doesn’t pique my interest anymore.
How many have you read out of your most anticipated releases? Have you read anything from this list? Do you enjoy wrap-up posts like this?